You’ll find there are a number of ways for you to get a Scottish Fold into your life. You can certainly go to your local pet store and inquire if they have one. But keep in mind that there are other places than the corner pet store where you can get your Scottish Fold.
There are breeders in and around your area or close to you who sell them too. Do your research. Ask around and make sure that you only deal with a reputable breeder who isn’t just out to make a quick buck. Don’t forget to first consider looking into pet shelters before you dole out tons of cash. You won’t only be saving yourself a pretty sum, you’ll also be rescuing an animal that will for a long time will share with you its love and gratitude, change your life and add essence to it.
First off, be sure that you deal with a trustworthy breeder as it minimizes the woes of taking in an ill kitten.
Here are some tips on finding an honest Scottish Fold breeder:
- Gather as much information as you can about and get referrals for a Scottish Fold. Network and be in contact with groomers, pet shops, and veterinary clinics.
- Research breeders with websites and scrutinize their ranking, reputation and license.
- Ask questions. And as lots of them. You need to make sure you have done the proper research to know you are not being taken for a ride. It will also help you find out which sort of Scottish Breed (fur-wise) you’d be ready for.
- Inquire of and about the breeder’s program and what they use as well as their procedure to produce the kittens they market. Don’t hesitate to ask assurances the breeder takes to eliminate or at the very least avert the transmission of some congenital conditions to the kittens
- Immediately remove breeders from your list who give dodgy, flowery, shady, and seemingly uninformed answers. Take care that you deal only with those who have been reputed to be humane in dealing with the breeding process.
- Immediately eliminate those from your list those who refuse to answer questions you have about the history, health, procedures or anything related to the welfare and future overall well-being of the kitten.
- Take a road trip and visit the breeder's facilities if you are permitted. See for yourself and check out if the shelter kept clean. Transparency and willingness to attend to and answer questions of possible owners is positive and should be marked for strong consideration.
- Finances will be discussed so don’t forget what terms the breeder has to offer. Once you have made a decision find out immediately about the breeders terms and make an agreement.
- Should you opt to buy a Scottish Fold kitten place a deposit to reserve your kitten – in the next article you will receive tips for choosing a kitten from a litter.
Join My Newsletter
Get your FREE Scottish Fold Cats Care Guide NOW!
Receive special offers, discounts, information about new releases, and more from Lolly Brown! Also gain access to a community of like-minded people with a wealth of information.